What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES collects Personal Information through our Website. Under this Policy, “Personal Information” is defined as information that can be used to identify a user, including names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers. Additionally, when you contact us via our Website, we will also collect the contents of your message and any attachments you choose to provide. When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your highest level of education, employment experience, and information about the type of job you are seeking.
SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES also collects Identifiers, defined as digital information such as cookies and internet protocol (IP) addresses, when you visit our Website, if you consent to our doing so. A cookie is a data file placed on a device (such as your computer or smartphone) when it is used to visit our Website. Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. You may opt-out of allowing us to collect cookies at any time. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your device, some parts of our Website might not function properly, and that when you revisit our Website your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
An IP address is numerical label assigned to the device you use to connect onto our Website. The IP address of the device you use can be used to view what webpages you have visited and may provide an approximate geographical location of the device you are using. The IP address we collect may be linked to other Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us. You may opt-out of allowing us to collect your IP address at any time.
If you choose to submit comments, photos, or content to our pages on third-party platforms, including social media platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn, you may choose to include personal information. In such a case, we may receive information about you, including your profile photo, name, and other information you choose to provide. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
We also may receive additional information about you from third parties such as your healthcare professional and/or our marketing partners.
What Do We Do with the Information We Collect?
We collect Personal Information and Identifiers and store them in a database. We will use Personal Information and Identifiers as follows:
- For the purpose for which you have provided it to us, as indicated on the form that you fill out and/or questions that you answer;
- To contact you to provide you with updates and other information relating to our services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support; and
- To learn how visitors use our Website, and to improve, maintain, provide, and enhance our services and our Website. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected and use it for our business purposes.
If you do not wish to provide the information requested on a given screen, or if you have concerns about maintaining the confidentiality of any information, we suggest that you not provide the information.
When Do We Provide Information to Third Parties?
We use Google Analytics to track the number of visitors to our site and the number of visitors to various sections of our site for the purpose of determining trends and visitor needs.
We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your Personal Information to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend the policies applicable to the Website, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Website, SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES, or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Website or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Do You Retain and Delete My Data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
What If I Am Located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland?
SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES does not have an establishment in the European Union, does not target residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) for marketing goods or services, and does not monitor residents of the European Economic Area. Accordingly, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its implementing laws does not generally apply to SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES.
Nevertheless, SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES will respect your privacy rights under the GDPR if you are a resident of the EEA (and equivalent data protection laws if you are a resident of Switzerland). If you are an EEA or Swiss resident, you may
- Request an accounting of all personal information that we possess that pertains to you in an electronically portable format (e.g., electronic copies of information attached to an email).
- Request that we change any personal information that pertains to you.
- Request that we delete any personal information that pertains to you.
- Fully or partially withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your personal information.
To request an accounting of your personal information, a change to your personal information, deletion of your personal information, or to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your personal information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We obtain your Personal Information and Identifiers, and transfer it to the United States, through your consent as specified in the form by which you have provided that information.
What If I Am A California Resident?
If you are a California resident, please see our California Resident Privacy Notice below for supplemental information and disclosures regarding rights of California residents.
How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may provide updates and changes by contacting us at: email@example.com. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
What Should Parents Know About Children?
This is a general audience Website and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of eighteen (18). We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of eighteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What About Security?
We incorporate reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
What Are My Obligations?
This site acts as a venue for information collected for a number of purposes specified by visitors. We have no control over the quality, truth or accuracy of information submitted by visitors, and undertake no responsibility for such information submitted. Each visitor is responsible for the quality, truth and accuracy of the information he/she submits.
By providing information to us on this Website, you authorize us to use the information supplied for the purposes for which it was provided. We have no obligation to use or retain any of the information a visitor submits, and reserve the right to delete or destroy the information.
We may, for any reason, suspend or terminate a visitor’s right to submit information to this site.
Will This Policy Change?
What About Accessibility?
Effective Date: November 1, 2022
SINAPTIC TECHNOLOGIES California Resident Privacy Notice
Personal Information Collection, Disclosure, and Sale
For the purposes of this notice, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (“CCPA”).
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated.
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA, which includes medical information governed by the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or protected health information that is collected by a covered entity or business associate governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-191) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (Public Law 111-5) rules.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the specific business and commercial purposes below:
- Providing Services: Providing our products and services.
- Communicating: Communicating with you, providing you with updates and other information relating to our products and services, providing information that you request, responding to comments and questions, and otherwise providing customer support.
- Marketing: Marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Personalization: Personalizing your experience on our services such as presenting tailored content.
- Deidentification and Aggregation: De-identifying and aggregating information collected through our services and using it for any lawful purpose.
- Job Applications: Processing your job application.
- Safety Issues: Responding to safety issues that may arise.
- Compliance: For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Auditing Interactions: Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Fraud and Incident Prevention: Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Transient Use: Short-term, transient use.
- Contracting Vendors: Contracting with service providers to perform services on our behalf or on their behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Research: Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration, including clinical trials.
- Improving Our Services: Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services.
- Enabling Transactions: Otherwise enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
- Notified Purpose: For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
- Investor Relations: For the purpose of communicating investor relations information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Third Parties as legally required.
Third Parties in connection with a merger/acquisition.
Third Parties with consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; (4) categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Verification. Requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant CCPA requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access or deletion request, please provide us with your name, email address, and other information about you that you have previously provided to us to respond to your access or deletion requests. We may also require a signed statement from you confirming your identity.
Right to Equal Service and Price. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
Shine the Light. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing uses as contemplated by California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code § 1798.83), except as described above.
Right to Opt Out/Submit Requests. In some circumstances, you may opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. If you would like to opt out of such sales, or to otherwise exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit your request to email@example.com. To authorize an agent to act on your behalf, please send a written authorization signed by you and the authorized agent to us via the email address above.
Do Not Track
There is currently no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this notice or our processing activities, or you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any person with a disability that prevents or restricts them from accessing this policy through our website may request a copy of the policy in an alternative format by contacting us at email@example.com.